"Everything rises and falls on leadership," says Dr. Maxwell, "but knowing how to lead is only half the battle. Understanding leadership and actually leading are two different activities." Dr. Maxwell explains that the key to transforming yourself from someone who understands leadership to a person who successfully leads in the real world is chracter. Your character qualities activate and empower your leadership ability, or they can stand in the way of your success! In his latest book, Dr. Maxwell disucsses several other key attributes to being a good leader including:
- Charisma: The First Impression Can Seal the Deal
- Courage: One Person With Courage Is a Majority
- Problem Solving: You Can't Let Your Problems Be a Problem
- Teachability: To Keep Leading, Keep Learning
- Vision: You can Seize Only What You Can See
If you look at all great leaders of the past and present, you'll find that they possess the 21 qualitities that are discussed in The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. If you can become the leader you ought to be on the inside, you will be able to become the leader that you want to be on the outside. "If you are able to do that," says Maxwell, "you'll find there's nothing in this world you cannot do."